RSS Feed

Minneapolis House for Sale

North Minneapolis Home for Sale*Updated November 2, 2010*

It's finally time. Time to bite the bullet and realize I cannot put it off any longer – I have to put my house on the market. Even in tough times, there comes a moment of truth when you know that holding onto an extra house and waiting for the market to turn around just doesn't make sense. In fact, at this point I'm willing to GIVE it away – for real.

Front Porch I'm certainly no green thumb, so while the little Russell Avenue property doesn't have what most would consider to be curbside charm, that's easily fixed and it's really "what's on the inside that counts." Right?

It's a 1927 story-and-a-half house with ~1,100 square feet (finished) plus a basement with laundry, 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. Hardwood floors dominate the main floor – except for the kitchen (linoleum) and bathroom (tile) – and the upstairs consists of linoleum (made to look like wood), tile, and carpet in the bedroom.

Living Room A nicely-sized front porch sits on the East side of the house, while on the West (in the back yard) there's a smaller "mud porch" with carpeting which is excellent for coming in when it's raining, leaving boots, coats, etc.

Eat-In Kitchen The kitchen is an eat-in kitchen with stainless steel appliances (gas stove, refrigerator), space for a small dishwasher, and plenty of cabinet storage.

Small Bedroom Along with the kitchen and living room, the main floor also houses two bedrooms and a bathroom. I always used the West bedroom – which is the smaller of the two – as my actual bedroom; using the other as a combined office/study. The bathroom on this floor has a built-in cabinet and drawers which accommodate towels, sheets, bathroom toiletries and more easily.

Upstairs Office AreaThe roof is new; new windows were installed before I bought it in 2005; updated electrical and plumbing; central air; drain tile and sump pump; entirely fenced yard.

Upstairs there is a space large enough for a home office – easily accommodates computer desk, bookcase, chair, etc – along with a small bathroom and nicely-sized bedroom.
Upstairs Bedroom
I actually used the upstairs bedroom as a TV room, since it was cozier and then the large TV wasn't taking up space in my cute, "formal" living room downstairs.

The yard is a standard, city-sized lot and the garage is a one-car, detached garage. I haven't priced it yet – though of course it'll be much lower than what I paid for it 5 years ago...sadly in this market there's not much else I can do. In fact, if someone would be willing to take it off my hands I'd make it happen. Just need to get out from under the mortgage.

0 comments: